Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Combining Output PDF files

Is there a way to output reports to the same PDF file. Basicly Appending several reports to the one PDF.

Without combining the reports using subreports, I think you would use code & custom PDF components, unless you want to jump into writing a rendering extension.

Softartisians Officewriter & abcPDF.NET are two possible options. You can also try automating Acrobat.

http://www.planetpdf.com/forumarchive/84747.asp

One alternative may be to export to a different format and then convert to pdf afterwards.

cheers,

Andrew

|||

we're trying to do this on the report server with out having to add another process.

Is there any good tutorials for writing a rendering extension? I've heard its difficult.

|||

Not sure if it has changed since RS 2000, but here is a comment on how difficult...

http://blogs.msdn.com/bryanke/archive/2004/03/16/90797.aspx

If you want to develop one, it might help to travel to Microsoft's main campus and stay for a month or two while you work alongside Reporting Services developers.

cheers,

Andrew

|||

LOL, Yeah I saw that, showed it to my boss. He said no to funding that trip..Oh well...LOL

Doubt they would let me in anyways

But hey if Microsoft wants to use me as a test case, I'm all for it!!! {WINK WINK, NUDGE NUDGE}

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment