Sunday, March 25, 2012

Combining full text search results with index server/service

I have a solutions database that I'm setting up Full text search on. Part of
the "solutions" is a huge folder of attachments on the lan.
I've done both FTS alone and also Index server alone.
Are there any whitepapers or good websites that talk about combining the
two? I'd like to conduct the searches via sql server - ideally expanding the
full text index to include the content of the files on the lan.
- Jack
Please refer to the above post.
There is no white paper per se focusing on this. However you might want to
check out this paper which does touch on it.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...filedatats.asp
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"jack" <jack@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:10938D81-5E92-483F-ABC1-208DDF331112@.microsoft.com...
> I have a solutions database that I'm setting up Full text search on. Part
of
> the "solutions" is a huge folder of attachments on the lan.
> I've done both FTS alone and also Index server alone.
> Are there any whitepapers or good websites that talk about combining the
> two? I'd like to conduct the searches via sql server - ideally expanding
the
> full text index to include the content of the files on the lan.
> - Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment