Thursday, March 29, 2012

Combining two fields

Hey everyone, I am very new to SQL Reporting, I usually work with Crystal. So I think this question is very simple. I have a field and in the expression box it says

=Sum(Fields!EstRev.Value)

Now I have another field that I want to combine in the above box, no fancy calcs or anything I just want it to appear in the same area.

=Sum(Fields!OrderCount.Value)

Basically I do not want to add the two fields together arthritically I just want them numbers to appear on the bottom of each other.

I have tried an AND Operator and that didnt work. Please help, very simple questions. It has to be very simple to just combine these two in to one field on the report?

You can do something like this:

=Sum(Fields!EstRev.Value)&" "&Sum(Fields!OrderCount.Value) <- this will show something like "23 432"

or

=Sum(Fields!EstRev.Value)&Chr(13)&Chr(10)&Sum(Fields!OrderCount.Value) <- this will show something like

23

432

Maciej

|||

Maciej

I normally do this Cstr(sum(fields!EstRev.value)) - converting number to string values

Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment